Q. Due to accidental poking, right side of my iris got hurt with redness and discomfort. Please suggest a solution.

Dr. Arnab Pal

I have type 1 diabetes. My eyes got poked on the right side of my iris and it is little red there is no blood. However, the right side of my sclera has red veins and it is causing a blurry vision and a little discomfort in my eyes. I tried rinsing water in my eyes many times but that did not help. My eyes also feel a little dry. I am wondering is there a certain eye drop I can use to treat my eyes?

I am on Humalog Lantus.

Dr. Arnab Pal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I would suggest you to send me pictures of your eyes for the correct treatment. Otherwise you can start using eyedrop Moxifloxacin and eyedrop Carboxymethyl cellulose both one drop four times a day for two weeks in the affected eye.

| 

Here are the images of my eye.

Dr. Arnab Pal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have seen your eye images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Now you seem to be suffering from a mild inflammation of the white of your eyes called episcleritis but it will not affect your vision in all probability.

I advise you to start

1) Eyedrop Gatifloxacin + Loteprednol combination (Zylopred) one drop four times a day in an affected eye for one week, then one drop twice daily for the next one week, then stop.

2) Eyedrop Carboxymethyl cellulose (Systane Ultra) one drop four times a day in the affected eye for two weeks.

I am sure you will be fine within a week.

| 

Thank you for your kind help.

Dr. Arnab Pal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

You are welcome. Keep in touch for further doubts.

|