Q. I am having erection problems in front of my partner. Is it psychological?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am in a new relationship. I am wanting to impress my partner sexually but my problem is I am getting erection problems in front of her but in the home, when I am alone my erections are normal. Is this some sort of psychological issue? Is this common? How to overcome it?

#

Yes, what you are suffering from is psychological as you only face this problem in front of your partner and not when you are alone. This has to do with performance anxiety as you already feel the need to impress her so your anxiety is acting out in this way. This is quite common, particularly in young adults. You can overcome this by self-counseling and keeping your anxiety at bay while you are being intimate with your partner. If this does not help then you can get professional psychotherapy.

Psychogenic erectile dysfunction

Counseling

Reduce anxiety, practice breathing exercises.

For more information consult a general practitioner online.--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|