Q. I am having erection problems in front of my partner. Is it psychological?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam
Published on Jun 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am in a new relationship. I am wanting to impress my partner sexually but my problem is I am getting erection problems in front of her but in the home, when I am alone my erections are normal. Is this some sort of psychological issue? Is this common? How to overcome it?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Yes, what you are suffering from is psychological as you only face this problem in front of your partner and not when you are alone. This has to do with performance anxiety as you already feel the need to impress her so your anxiety is acting out in this way. This is quite common, particularly in young adults. You can overcome this by self-counseling and keeping your anxiety at bay while you are being intimate with your partner. If this does not help then you can get professional psychotherapy.

Psychogenic erectile dysfunction

Counseling

Reduce anxiety, practice breathing exercises.

For more information consult a general practitioner online.--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

| 

My penis is not erecting properly. Please advice ayurvedic treatment.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old working bachelor planning to get married in next 4 to 5 months. But I am very tensed and concerned about my penis size and erectile potential. For last 5 to 6 months penis is not erecting properly and less hardness. Please suggest me some Ayurdevic remedies to improve h...  Read Full »

Homeopathy Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction

Article Overview: Erectile dysfunction has now become a prominent problem in this era. Statistically speaking, 152 million men are affected worldwide. Let us understand more about what is erectile dysfunction (ED). Read Article

Dr. Adnan Reyaz Ahmed Siddiqui
Homeopathic Physician

What Is Erectile Dysfunction (ED) ED is defined as an inability to get or sustain an erection firm enough for sexual activity. In easy terms, it is a problem where the male partner is unable to keep the erection firm during sex. Having trouble with an erection from time to time is not a cause for ...  Read Article

Ask a General Practitioner Now