Q. I am not able to maintain an erection even after taking Tadalafil. Why?

Dr. Abdul Rub
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 31, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 24, 2021

I am a 32-year-old male without any medical history. I got married before two years and I do not have kids. Usually, I will have sex with my wife weekly till before three months. But now, I am staying away from her and so I am doing masturbation once a day. In these last 45 days, I met her three times and I seem to have less confidence in maintaining my erection necessary for sex. So I started to take tadalafil 5 mg and did intercourse comfortably. Yesterday, I took 10 mg of Tadalafil. Even after taking it, I had a lack of confidence. Please mention whether I have erectile dysfunction. Do I need to take medicines? Is this occurs due to a psychological cause? Does taking Tadalafil in long term cause any side effects in my body? Please suggest.

#

Erectile dysfunction and ejaculation can get influenced by many factors. If you are under stress, you will have lower performance. If you are relaxed and happy, you will have a better performance. This occurs because it gets affected by neurotransmitters. It influences your mood and stress level. When you feel relaxed and happy, you will have high levels of neurotransmitters and so you will have a better performance. It also gets influenced by the emotional factors of your partner too. If you have any problem between you, then it can lead to cause psychological erectile dysfunction and it is common in young couples. When the partners stay away from each other, they develop some distance in their emotions and some levels of anxiety develops between the partners while doing sex.

| 
1 out of 1 likes