Q. I am not getting proper erection after doing foreplay during sex. Why?

Dr. Raveendran Sr
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 21, 2021 and last reviewed on: Mar 18, 2021

I got married before three years. I know my partner for ten years. I have difficulty to have intercourse. I am active while foreplay but when I am about to insert, I end up by doing ejaculation outside. We are planning to have a baby. We did not have any problems like this. But now we are facing this problem.

#

I understand your concern. There are many reasons to have premature ejaculation. It can occur due to stressful work at night or for 24 hours. The other causes are diabetes, hypertension, and thyroid issue. Keep your blood sugar, blood pressure, and thyroid hormones under control. Frequent masturbation or porn masturbation can also cause it. Excess porn can cause it.

Receiving less foreplay from the partner or lack of knowledge regarding foreplay can also cause it. Lack of exercise and obesity can also cause premature ejaculation. You need to check FBS (fasting blood sugar) and PPBS (postprandial blood sugar) to rule out diabetes. Check blood pressure, free T3 (triiodothyronine), T4 (thyroxine), and TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) to rule out thyroid issues. You can take tablet Duralast 30 mg (Dapoxetine) as a temporary solution.

I do not have premature ejaculation. I have problems with my erection. When I am trying to insert, I end up with my erection.

#

If you have erection issues, then you can have erectile dysfunction. You can take tablet Mildfil 5 mg (Tadalafil) twice a day for thirty days. It helps a lot. If the issue persists, then you need to do further investigations. You need to check ultrasound of scrotum and penis, penis doppler, thyroid function test, blood sugar, serum testosterone (free and total), sex hormone-binding globulin, FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), LH (luteinizing hormone), prolactin, PSA (prostate-specific antigen), liver function test and urine examination.

|