Q. Is Tadalafil effective for erectile dysfunction in a 50-year-old diabetic?

I am a 50-year-old male. I am a diabetic for more than 20 years. I am taking insulin injection and tablets for diabetes. Due to this, I am affected with erectile dysfunction for one year. My physician advised Tfil 20 tablets. Initially, I had good results. But I find it is not effective after some time. So, my friend suggested taking Tadalafil 20 tablets. But, now it is also not effective and I am not getting a full erection. I am very much upset. My sugar levels fasting are 90-110 and postprandial after two hours are 130-180. I do not have problems with BP, ulcer, cholesterol, or thyroid. Kindly suggest me better medications for my problem.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I can understand your concern.

• If you are not getting good results with 20 mg tablets then I would advise you to take 5 mg tablet regularly for at least four weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the above medicine with their consent.
  • You can use 10 to 20 mg on SOS basis too. This will improve the problem.
  • Visit the nearest doctor for a prescription.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

You advised me taking 5 mg tablets regularly. But, I am wondering if the 20 mg is not working then how would the 5 mg tablets be effective? Also, you advised me to take 10-20 mg on SOS basis too. I do not understand what is meant by SOS? Please clarify my doubts.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

• The dose of 20 mg is advised to be taken on an SOS basis and I guess you were also taking this on SOS basis.
  • I suggest you take 5 mg daily and an additional 20 mg on SOS basis when you are planning for intercourse with your partner. Daily 5 mg tablet will help to increase the vascularity in penis vessels and will give a hard erection.
  • Apart from this, please start taking supplements containing L-Arginine and Yohimbinum (Coryanthe Yohimbe). Both are available at almost all the drug stores and also in supplement shops. These supplements will improve the actions of Tadalafil and you will see improvement. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the above medicines with their consent.

| 

You still have not given me the explanation or the expansion of SOS.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

• SOS means as and when required.
  • You need to spend more time in foreplay and this will make you more excited.
  • Do not anticipate that you will lose your erection. It will be alright with medicines.
  • Taking 5 mg regularly will maintain the vascularity of the blood vessels and taking 20 mg on an SOS basis will give you a hard erection. Again, consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the above medicines with their consent.

|