Q. I rarely get erection and cannot involve in intercourse. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 03, 2021

I am 43 years old. I am known type 1 diabetic. I do masturbation regularly. In the last two years, I observed that I do not get an erection at all. Even if I get after a lot of effort, I cannot involve in intercourse. What to do?

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• There is some conflicting information, which I need to make it clear. You said you masturbate regularly and no erection for last two years. Do you mean that you have an erection for masturbation, but not for intercourse?
  • Also, I like to know about early morning erections. Do you get them? If yes, then what is the frequency and intensity of them?
  • It is also important to furnish substance abuse information. Provide details of any substance use.
  • Please also provide more details about your diabetes like duration, current HbA1c and blood glucose level along with treatment.

Revert with more details to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

I do not get an erection in the morning. I get erection rarely, and still, I have the habit of masturbating. My current HbA1c is 6.1. I take Azulix 1 Mf one tablet and Insulin Lantus 20 units in the morning and Janumet 50/500 one tablet in the morning and one at night.

#

• In case, the diabetes is going on for decades; then the erectile dysfunction can be due to the effect of diabetes on blood vessels and nerves supplying your penis.
  • If you have a short duration of diabetes, then we need to search for additional causes such as cholesterol, blood pressure, smoking, stress and alcohol among others.
  • I request you to undergo the following tests for further assessment. Complete blood count, blood sugar (fasting), renal profile, liver function tests, lipid profile, T3, T4 and TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), serum testosterone, serum prolactin and penile doppler study.

Revert with the reports to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|