Q. Is it safe to take Viagra without ED problem?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

I am a 41-year-old male having a problem related to sex. When I have sex with my partner, I have an erection coming too quickly, or I lose the erection within seconds of leaving my partner pretty disappointed. I know that it is due to severe performance anxiety, that I am unable to control it. When I am relaxed, I can hold it for at least five to ten minutes.

After a lot of hesitation, I started taking Viagra 50 mg. I do not think that I have an ED problem. I have taken it thrice till date having beautiful results each time. My partner is very happy. Is it safe to take Viagra for persons not suffering from ED? When the sex was irregular, the need for Viagra is also limited. It is used three to four times a month. Does regular usage mean that I cannot get an erection? Should I have to reduce the dosage or should I need to stop taking it completely? I do not have any side effects. I have moderately high BP, and I am taking medication for it in a low dosage.

#

You should check with your doctor about the medicines taken for blood pressure. It should not be a Nitrate. There is no harm in taking Viagra (Sildenafil) when you are not regular on sex. You can consult an andrologist and try to rule out the cause for ED (erectile dysfunction) other than performing with anxiety. Sometimes, it can be due to other medical conditions. As you have not given your family details, it is difficult to comment more.

It is the premature ejaculation causing the loss of erection. It has to be differentiated from the ED. If it is a problem, then a different medicine has to be taken, and a sexologist will help you more.

|