Q. Please suggest a medicine for adequate erection.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 08, 2021

I am 65 years old. I am a diabetic as well as take hypertensive. I am taking medicines for the same and both are under control. I want to improve my sexual performance and need medication for adequate erection.

#

I can understand your concern.

• You are 65 and are a known diabetic and hypertensive. Poorly controlled blood pressure and sugar levels are the two most common causes of erectile dysfunction.
  • Even if you are on medicines and your sugar levels are controlled, even then I would advise you to get your HbA1c levels done. The levels tell about long term control of sugar levels. If that comes normal, then no need to worry.
  • I would also like to know the medicines you are taking for high blood pressure. If you are on nitrates, then please revert. Also, please mention if you have any other medical issue or treatment you are taking.

Revert with the details to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

My test reports for HbA1C are below 6 and are performed regularly. I take Telista 80 for BP. The BP readings are 135. I am regular in yoga and walking. I perform sex once in a week or in a fortnight. Kindly suggest medicines.

#

• The HbA1c levels are normal, so I do not think diabetes is the reason for erectile dysfunction.
  • Telista (Telmisartan) is a safe medicine and there is no need to worry about that. It will control your blood pressure effectively.
  • I suggest you Tablet Tadalafil 5 mg daily in the evening after dinner and on the day of sexual intercourse take 20 mg 2 hours before sex. This will help in strong erection. Talk to your doctor before starting this drug. The drug is safe to use and you can take it without worries.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|