Q. What are the ways to cure erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation?

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 16, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 23, 2020

I suffer from erectile dysfunction and also ejaculate even just with holding a women. How can I solve this problem? I am a healthy person who exercises regularly, is not over weight and my lab reports are also fine. I know I suffer from lack of libido but do not know how to handle it.

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

Your blood test are normal except low vitamin D and B12 (attachment remoed to protect patient identity). Erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation can be due to many causes. If erectile dysfunction is more prominent then first try Sildenafil and if it is improving, then okay otherwise go for penile doppler study.

For both premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction, Sildenafil plus Depoxetine may be helpful, take this tablet 30 minute prior to sexual activity. Also try the behavior methods called start stop technique or coitus interruption or squeeze technique. You can read these online and start practicing any one. These methods give good result but you need to do these daily and results are only evident after a few weeks. Also take Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 supplements.

Serum testosterone

ED and PME

sildenafil plus Depoxetine

Regular exercise, Avoid alcohol or tobacco.

| 

I believe my problem is more physical like damaged nerve or something, as now even a viagra pill does not work. I have tried increasing the dosage but still no help. And when sometimes when I get early morning hardness, it not as hard as it used to be and also goes down easily. I have done serum count tests a few times in the last 3 to 4 years, and every time the results have been fine.

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

#

Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. Erection problem can be due to venous leakage that can be detected by doppler study of penis. The damage in nerve is unlikely. If the doppler study comes normal then continue the preventive measures as told earlier. If viagra is not helping much then try Tadalafil 10 mg and see the results.

| 

Does ejaculation without even penetration suggest prostatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old and I developed premature ejaculation out of nowhere around a year ago. Before that time I was the complete opposite. It used to take me too long then, I thought something was wrong with me. Now I can barely last three minutes. And it is weird because sometimes I ...  Read Full »

Is erectile dysfunction related to my thyroid disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 72-year-old male with a height of 5 feet 6 inches and a weight of 78 kg. I have been on Eltroxin 100 mcg and Amloz 5 mg for two years for hypothyroidism. I am feeling fatigued and have an intense appetite. I have lost fertility for the last one year. My ESR value is 41. I also ...  Read Full »

What Is Premature Ejaculation?

Article Overview: A huge percentage of young men ejaculate within a few seconds or with minimal strokes during sexual intercourse. It is very stressful for both partners when this happens, and it can even lead to marital disharmony and discord. This is the most common male sexual problem. Fortunately, it can be overcome and even treated. Read Article

Dr. Poosha Darbha
Sexologist

Premature ejaculation (rapid climax within seconds) is common. It is natural in people with an overly sensitive penis, but it is distressing and disappointing for the couple. To overcome the problem naturally, one needs to understand how exactly it happens and learn how to stop it. It is somewhat li...  Read Article

Ask a Sexologist Now