Q. What is the solution for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 21, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 07, 2020

I am a 29 year old male. My height is 5'11" and weight is 90 kg. I am going to be married next year. My problem is that I am suffering from erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. In my case the erections are there, but the ejaculation is even quick. The erections are not full. What I have analyzed is that I can stand only till foreplay or a maximum of two minutes during foreplay. I get erected very easily even a single thought can get me erected. Please help me in this regard.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

• If your erectile dysfunction is persistent then I would advise you to get your serum testosterone and serum prolactin done to rule out any hormonal cause.
  • If that comes back normal then most likely the cause of your problem is psychological.
  • For erectile dysfunction medicines like Sildenafil and Tadalafil are used. These are PDE-5 inhibitor drugs and have great efficacy in improving erection. The drug can be used even on SOS basis (as and when required) about half to one hour before intercourse.
  • For early discharge medicines like Dapoxetine are used. The drug helps to delay the ejaculation time and thus help to solve your problem.
  • Dapoxetine is available in fixed combination form with Sildenafil also and the drug combination will help in your complaints.
  • Please visit a psychiatrist for prescription of this drug and get your investigations done.
  • Do not remain distressed as these problems will get improved with medicines easily.

Anxiety and hyperexcitation.

Serum testosterone and prolactin.

Sildenafil and Dapoxetine combination.

For further information consult a sexologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

I have done the testosterone test and the levels are low. Please suggest some measures. Thank you.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I have read the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the level of testosterone is really low.

• In normal situations with no specific cause for low testosterone testosterone supplement can be taken.
  • Stress, depression, alcohol, obesity, poor sleep, excessive work stress and body building supplements are common things that reduce the testosterone levels. If any of the cause is present then please try to correct it.
  • Take high protein diet with rich in complex carbs. Increase eggs and soy proteins in diet. Fenugreek seeds also help to increase the levels naturally.
  • Exercise daily and this will also help in increasing the levels.
  • After changing the lifestyle for four weeks go for a repeat test with different laboratory. Also get your serum prolactin, LH (luteinizing hormone) and testosterone levels. This will provide a clear picture.
  • If levels remain low even after then testosterone supplements should be advised.
  • Testosterone injections in depot formulations with 250 mg every week for six weeks will help to correct the levels.
  • Oral can also be taken. Please consult a doctor in person for detailed treatment. There is no need to worry, the levels will come normal and your erection will definitely improve. Take care.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

Would low testosterone affect erection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old. I never had sex and physically fit. I do not drink alcohol or smoke. My eating habit is healthy and I do not have much stress. I did my medical test three months back and found my testosterone level is below the minimum limit. I started eating vegetables and fruits, but...  Read Full »

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »

What are T blockers used for?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male and I do not want to do a MTF transition. However, I would like to stop my body from being affected by testosterone. I just turned 20 and as I grow older my body will continue to produce testosterone which will change my body into something more manly and cause me ...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now