Q. Why should I do if I do not get an erection after penile surgery?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I underwent penile surgery six weeks ago. The surgery was because I had an erection that did not go down for more than 24 hours after taking tablet Trimex. During surgery, they removed the blood that kept my penis erect. I was hospitalized for two days.

Kindly help.

#

This condition is called priapism and you still have erection. If you do not have any pain, then you can wait and observe it. I suggest you to take complete blood count to see check for sickle cells. If you have sickle cells, then you need oxygen to reduce sickle cells as those cells can block your blood vessels and prolongs your erection.Please do the blood test and update me with results.Regards.

I do not have an erection now. I had the surgery which was successful to take down the erection. I for to mention the question in my previous query. My query is why cannot I get an erection after six weeks of surgery? Will my erection come back?

Thanks.

#

I understand your concern.

It usually happens after priapism correction surgery, and the patient may tend to have erectile dysfunction. Usually, treatment for this post-surgical complication will be a penile implant. It is a device that gives you an erection and ends an erection by pressing a button in the scrotum.

Thanks for follow-up.

Kind regards.

|