Q. My wife does not sleep thinking about this coronavirus pandemic. Please help.

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
This is a premium question & answer published on May 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 31, 2021

My wife is 33 years old with a height of 58 kilograms and a height of five feet seven inches. My wife is scared about the health concerns of our family due to coronavirus. Sometimes she is not able to sleep and none of my family members is suffering from the disease. She is obsessively cleaning the house after the pandemic got started. There is absence of love, patient, and sensibility. Please help me.

#

First, you must stop watching all news channels and stop talking about corona pandemic with her. You can see news maximum for half an hour a day and get updated about it. Keep your wife busy and try to make her spend time on her hobbies. She can start to do meditation at home. She can do other activities like playing carrom and ludo. You can talk about old memories or seat together with your old photo albums. If there is no relief, she can start taking antidepressants for a short duration. She can take Escitalopram 10 mg in the morning after breakfast. She can take tablet Clonazepam 0.5 mg half tablet in the morning and one tablet before sleep. While having severe anxiety and panic attacks, you can put Clonazepam mouth dissolving 0.5 mg tablet on her tongue to have some relief.

|