iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersOphthalmology (Eye Care)eye painMy eyesight is getting worse due to pain in the corner of my left eye. What to do?

I am getting recurrent left eye pain with worsening eyesight. What is the problem?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At December 18, 2018
Reviewed AtMarch 1, 2024

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am 19 years old. I have pain in the corner of my left eye for the past one year. I went to the doctor, and he gave me Sterdex. I used it and felt better. My pain went away. After a few months, I started to have pain, but it was not so severe as the first time. I wear glasses and lenses, and I am treating my eye allergy with Chibro Cadron 5 ml, and for dry eyes, I use Fluidabak after taking the lens. Whenever I do my yearly eye checkup, my eyesight gets worse because of the pain in the corner, and I am scared about my sight. I do not know whether I use an appropriate medicine to my eye. Whenever I consult the doctor, he gives me the same medication. Please help me.

Answered by Dr. Manish Mahabir


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Minimize the use of steroids as much as possible to avoid side effects such as an increase in eye pressure leading to glaucoma. Both Sterdex (Dexamethasone) and Chibro are steroids. They may relieve your symptoms in the short run but may harm your eyes if used for long term. Pain in the corner should not affect your eyesight. Just use appropriate glasses. For lubricant, you can start with Carboxymethylcellulose containing drops, and it can be changed later if more lubrication is needed. For allergies, Olopatadine containing drops can be used. Keep in touch with your doctor.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Manish Mahabir
Dr. Manish Mahabir

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

eye paineye pressure

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy