Q. I am getting recurrent left eye pain with worsening eyesight. What is the problem?

Dr. Manish Mahabir

I am 19 years old. I have pain in the corner of my left eye for the past one year. I went to the doctor, and he gave me Sterdex. I used it and felt better. My pain went away. After a few months, I started to have pain, but it was not so severe as the first time. I wear glasses and lenses, and I am treating my eye allergy with Chibro Cadron 5 ml, and for dry eyes, I use Fluidabak after taking the lens. Whenever I do my yearly eye checkup, my eyesight gets worse because of the pain in the corner, and I am scared about my sight. I do not know whether I use an appropriate medicine to my eye. Whenever I consult the doctor, he gives me the same medication. Please help me.

#

Minimize the use of steroids as much as possible to avoid side effects such as an increase in eye pressure leading to glaucoma. Both Sterdex (Dexamethasone) and Chibro are steroids. They may relieve your symptoms in the short run but may harm your eyes if used for long term. Pain in the corner should not affect your eyesight. Just use appropriate glasses. For lubricant, you can start with Carboxymethylcellulose containing drops, and it can be changed later if more lubrication is needed. For allergies, Olopatadine containing drops can be used. Keep in touch with your doctor.

|