Q. Can I use Kojivit gel to get fair skin?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
Published on Jun 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 20, 2019

I am a 22 year old female. I have a dusky skin that is brown skin. I want to become fair. Can I use Kojivit gel? Or any other dermoatology cream can I use?

My hands are also brown in color and full of tan. Do you suggest any creams to get fair?

I want to become fair as my marriage is going to get fixed by next year. Please suggest me some creams, so that it should not show any side effects.

Also, how long I should use it? If I use anything, then will it have any effect in case of pregnancy, etc? Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

One's skin color has 2 components. First one is genetic, which cannot be changed.

Every skin color is beautiful in its own way and we should learn to love our skin color and augment it and not hide or lighten it.

The second component is acquired, which is due to the influence of environment, sunlight, hormones, aging, etc. We can only target the acquired component of fair skin color while attempting lightening procedures.

I suggest you antioxidant capsules like capsule Antoxid HC (Beta-carotene) and apply sunscreen lotion Lashield gel at 8 AM and 12 PM.

Also, you can apply Glyaha koj lotion (Hydroquinone) at night time. Start with an alternate night application initialy as it may irritate your skin a bit and after a week or so, shift to daily night application. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.

You can go for chemical peeling or microdermabrasion from your dermatologist which will help in exfoliating and give you a clearer skin tone.

All these treatments are free of side effects. You may use them for three months.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Can I use Kojivit gel to get only little lighter?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

#

• Yes, you can also use Kojivit Plus gel (Kojic acid) instead of Glyaha koj gel till you get a bit lighter.
  • For a good and glowing skin, take a proper sleep and plenty of water.
  • Do not step out in the sun without wearing a sunscreen.

Does Antoxid capsule make skin tone even and fair? How to use this capsule?

Will it make me little bit fairer? If I use Kojivit plus for three months, then what I have to use to maintain the same color?

What I have to do to get rid of dark tanned hands? Will any lotion will help?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

#

Yes, Antoxid capsule makes the skin tone even and protects you from sunrays. You can also take Oxidon plus capsule (Beta-carotene) if Antoxid is not available.

It has to be taken once daily any time in the day with water or milk and continue for three months.

After Kojivit plus gel, you can use Ban A Tan cream on face for maintenance for another two to three months. It has to be used twice daily.

For your tanned hands, again sunscreen is required during the day and Glomella cream (combination of Hydroquinone and Tretinoin) can be used at night time for three weeks to lighten the color of the hands. Maintain it with sunscreen after three weeks.

Will the use of tablet result in hair thinning?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Which medicine should I take for patchy beard?

Query: Hi doctor, Actually, my skin tone is medium and is very oily. I want to have a white and fair skin tone. I also want to get rid of this oily skin. I have been taking Omega 3 capsules for two months as someone told me that it will help me for my skin, but I did not notice any changes. Now, one of my ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The darker skin tone can be attributed to tanning and also ones natural color. I therefore recommend you daily sunscreen, use it 20 minutes prior to going outside. Using a night cream like ISIS Neotone night serum everyday at night for two to three months will help,...  Read Full

Why is my face darker than the rest of my body?

Query: Hello doctor, The color of the skin on my face is too dark when compared to the skin on my nose, cheeks, and rest of my body. How can I restore the original color on my face?  Read Full >>

Dr. Suvina Attavar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The skin often darkens due to tanning under the effect of UV (ultraviolet) rays. I would strongly recommend using a sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30. The sunscreen has to be applied at least half an hour before you go out and has to be reapplied every four hours till ...  Read Full

I need your suggestions on which sunscreen to use.

Query: Hi doctor, I am in a little trouble. Summer has started where I live, and I am addicted to playing cricket, whatever the weather or climate be. From last two weeks, I have noticed that my face color has become darker due to the sun. So, I am a little confused about which sunblock cream to use. I ne...  Read Full >>

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sun protection factor or SPF blocks damaging UV rays, which are responsible for skin aging, darkening, sunburn, and malignancy. I would advise you to use sunscreens that are a multi-spectrum or broad spectrum, which blocks both UV-A and UV-B rays. Select Sunscreen acc...  Read Full