Q. What should I do if my fallopian tubes are blocked?

Dr. Padmesh Jain

I need a second opinion on my HSG report.

Dr. Padmesh Jain

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

• Usually, at least two radiographic films are shot during the HSG (hysterosalpingogram) procedure, one during filling of the cavity and the second showing the spill of the dye from the tubes. In some cases, three films are shot. I would like to see the other film as an infection could be a causative agent.
  • In the given film (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the uterine cavity appears normal. The uterus is tilted which apparently causes one to see a smaller cavity. The fallopian tubes are well opacified and normal in caliber except one-fourth of the terminal end where it appears a little dilated and with fussy margins.
  • Also, radiographically no obvious opaque dye is seen beyond the confines of the tubes. This suggests a block at the end which is known as a fimbrial block.
  • I suggest you do a hysteroscopy with or without laparoscopy. This will be diagnostic as well as therapeutic.

For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

| 

Is there a treatment for adenomyosis in Ayurveda?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife has adenomyosis and had treatment for it. She had a miscarriage in the fifth month of pregnancy before a year. Myomectomy was done for her and laparoscopic cerclage was done last month. She is now just in vitamin tablets. Can adenomyosis be treated in ayurveda or siddha or naturop...  Read Full »

Can uterine fibroid be cured without surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49 year old female, and I have a uterine fibroid. I have heavy bleeding from two or three months. What to do? What medicines can I take? Is it curable without surgery? Please advise. I am taking Kanchanar Guggulu from ten days.  Read Full »

Is there any risk of radiation if HSG test is done twice?

Query: Hi doctor, Three years back, I conceived for the first time without any medicine but unfortunately the pregnancy ended up in miscarriage. Since 8 months I am trying to conceive now. The following year I got a HSG test and was informed that both my fallopian tubes were blocked. Doctor said laparoscop...  Read Full »

Ask a Radiologist Now