Q. What should I do if my fallopian tubes are blocked?

Answered by
Dr. Padmesh Jain
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 24, 2017

Hello doctor,

I need a second opinion on my HSG report.

Dr. Padmesh Jain

Radiodiagnosis Radiology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • Usually, at least two radiographic films are shot during the HSG (hysterosalpingogram) procedure, one during filling of the cavity and the second showing the spill of the dye from the tubes. In some cases, three films are shot. I would like to see the other film as an infection could be a causative agent.
  • In the given film (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the uterine cavity appears normal. The uterus is tilted which apparently causes one to see a smaller cavity. The fallopian tubes are well opacified and normal in caliber except one-fourth of the terminal end where it appears a little dilated and with fussy margins.
  • Also, radiographically no obvious opaque dye is seen beyond the confines of the tubes. This suggests a block at the end which is known as a fimbrial block.
  • I suggest you do a hysteroscopy with or without laparoscopy. This will be diagnostic as well as therapeutic.

For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

Was this answer helpful?


Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Is there a treatment for adenomyosis in Ayurveda?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife has adenomyosis and had treatment for it. She had a miscarriage in the fifth month of pregnancy before a year. Myomectomy was done for her and laparoscopic cerclage was done last month. She is now just in vitamin tablets. Can adenomyosis be treated in ayurveda or siddha or naturop...  Read Full »

Can uterine fibroid be cured without surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49 year old female, and I have a uterine fibroid. I have heavy bleeding from two or three months. What to do? What medicines can I take? Is it curable without surgery? Please advise. I am taking Kanchanar Guggulu from ten days.  Read Full »

Is there any risk of radiation if HSG test is done twice?

Query: Hi doctor, Three years back, I conceived for the first time without any medicine but unfortunately the pregnancy ended up in miscarriage. Since 8 months I am trying to conceive now. The following year I got a HSG test and was informed that both my fallopian tubes were blocked. Doctor said laparoscop...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Radiologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.