Q. What should I do if my fallopian tubes are blocked?

Dr. Padmesh Jain

I need a second opinion on my HSG report.

#

• Usually, at least two radiographic films are shot during the HSG (hysterosalpingogram) procedure, one during filling of the cavity and the second showing the spill of the dye from the tubes. In some cases, three films are shot. I would like to see the other film as an infection could be a causative agent.
  • In the given film (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the uterine cavity appears normal. The uterus is tilted which apparently causes one to see a smaller cavity. The fallopian tubes are well opacified and normal in caliber except one-fourth of the terminal end where it appears a little dilated and with fussy margins.
  • Also, radiographically no obvious opaque dye is seen beyond the confines of the tubes. This suggests a block at the end which is known as a fimbrial block.
  • I suggest you do a hysteroscopy with or without laparoscopy. This will be diagnostic as well as therapeutic.

For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

|