Q. How can we treat fatty liver?

Published on Jul 17, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 15, 2019

I have a fatty liver for a year. I gained a lot of weight. After regular exercises, walking, and maintaining my diet, I am unable to lose weight. Can I take Lycopodium along with Calcera carbonica? And I also have a lot of dandruff problems. I am taking Himalaya liv 52 ds.

Hematology Pathology
#

The fatty liver is due to obesity. You have to check your blood pressure and sugar levels as well. Check serum cholesterol, serum triglyceride. Regular active one hour exercise is needed for you and a strict diet restriction has to be followed. Fatty foods should be taken less. Fruits to be taken more. The Ursodeoxycholic acid tablet can be used for fatty liver. Dieting is needed along with exercise to reduce weight. Check hypothyroidism by serum TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) estimation.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

Is nonalcoholic fatty liver disease life-threatening?

Query: Hello doctor, Hemoglobin: 14.3, platelets: 174000, SGOT: 38.9, SGPT: 65.0 and vitamin D: 23.6. All other reports are normal.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). This does not require any special treatment. I suggest you avoid painkillers, alcohol, and reduce weight if you are obese. I would also recommend you testing for hepatitis B and C. I hope it helps...  Read Full

How can itching be effectively and safely controlled during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 35 years old and is four months pregnant now. She is suffering from severe itching which is not responding to any medication. Her doctor advised to take Udiliv 150 and Cetirizine, but there is no relief. We changed the doctor, and this doc advised to take Udiplus 300, capsu...  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is obstetric cholestasis. During pregnancy, Udiliv (Ursodeoxycholic acid) 300 mg is the best and effective treatment for cholestasis. Your gynecologist has prescribed yo...  Read Full

Childhood Obesity : An Ayurvedic Approach to its Management

Article Overview: Environmental factors, lifestyle preferences, and cultural environment play major roles in the increasing prevalence of childhood obesity worldwide. By following the guidelines on the basis of ayurvedic fundamentals, parents can effectively manage their child's obesity. Read Article

Dr. Omendra Pal Singh

A child is considered obese when his/her Body Mass Index (BMI), a measurement obtained by dividing a person's weight by the square of the person's height, exceeds 30 Kg/m2. In ayurveda, obesity has been elaborately described by using the term atisthaulya. Childhood obesity ...  Read Article

Ask a Family Physician Now