Q. My 5. 2 months old daughter has fever and cold. Please help.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
and medically reviewed by Dr.Sowmiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 11, 2022

My baby girl is five months and two weeks old. From yesterday, she has a fever, especially at night. She has a running nose and cold feet. She is very dull and weak. I gave her Piccan syrup and Vitamin C drops. Please help.

Thank you

#

You can stop Piccan syrup (Paracetamol and Diphenhydramine) as of now. It is better to consult your pediatrician regarding the same as per the condition prevailing in your country regarding Vitamin C drops. Also, it is essential to see if the child's temperature is above 100 degrees Farenheit or not. If it is above 100 degrees Farenheit, it is advisable to give Paracetamol 10 drops. Also, watch for lethargy and refusal to feed in the child. If it is present, it is advisable to take her to the nearest hospital.

|