iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersMedical oncologyfibroadenomaI am diagnosed with fibroadenoma in my breast. Please help.

What should one do about fibroadenomas in the breast?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At April 5, 2018
Reviewed AtApril 25, 2024

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

They found two solid nodules around 0.09 cm on my left breast, one of which was suspicious finding BIRAD 4. On the ultrasonography, it looks black inside, wider than tall. Please help me out. I am terrified. The report said although it could be a fibroadenoma, it is still suspicious.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have gone through the ultrasound report of the breast (attachment removed to protect patient identity) which is showing two suspicious solid nodules. Now, it is highly recommended to take a biopsy from both the solid nodules to confirm the diagnosis. Biopsy report will clear all the doubts and will show whether it is fibroadenoma or any other benign lesion or malignancy.

The major risk factors for developing breast cancer are:

  1. A family history of breast cancer.
  2. Obesity.
  3. Certain genetic syndromes.
  4. Previous breast lump.
  5. Hormone replacement therapy.
  6. History of estrogen intake.
  7. Early menarche or late menopause.

In case you have any family history of breast cancer then you must go for genetic counseling. If you have any further questions revert to me.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah
Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical oncology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Medical oncology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy