Q. Report says breast nodules are fibroadenoma, but I am terrified. Please help me.

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

They found two solid nodules around .09 cm on my left breast, one of which was suspicious finding BIRAD 4. On the ultrasonography, it looks black inside, wider than tall. Please help me out. I am terrified. The report said although it could be a fibroadenoma, it is still suspicious.

#

I have gone through the ultrasound report of the breast (attachment removed to protect patient identity) which is showing two suspicious solid nodules. Now, it is highly recommended to take a biopsy from both the solid nodules to confirm the diagnosis. Biopsy report will clear all the doubts and will show whether it is fibroadenoma or any other benign lesion or malignancy.

The major risk factors for developing breast cancer are:

1. A family history of breast cancer.
  2. Obesity.
  3. Certain genetic syndromes.
  4. Previous breast lump.
  5. Hormone replacement therapy.
  6. History of estrogen intake.
  7. Early menarche or late menopause.

In case you have any family history of breast cancer then you must go for genetic counseling. If you have any further questions revert to me.

For more information consult a medical oncologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-oncologist

|