Stool Softener

Is aloe vera juice good for hemorrhoids?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from hemorrhoids. It is not an ongoing case. It just happened due to severe constipation. Apart from medicine, which is better for external hemorrhoids? Is it Aloe vera gel or lemon juice? Is there a good painkiller for such situation? I tried Panadol and it worked fine, b...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data you have posted. We need to keep stools soft, which will decrease the pressure and symptoms of hemorrhoids. Our foods should be rich in dietary fiber, as it forms the bulk content of stool and will keep water with it so that the stool wi...  Read Full »

Can Candid be used for anal fissure?

Query: Hello doctor, I did not feel the urge to pass stool for two days. Yesterday morning (day 3), I had the urge to pass stool, but I was not able to as I guess my stool had become too hard. In a state of panic, instead of taking a stool softener, etc., I pushed way too hard for way too long. As a resul...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is probably not a fissure, but just an erosion. It may lead to fissure if such repeated traumas are occurring. For fast healing, the important thing is that there should not be re-trauma. So, use regular stool softener like Lactulose 15 mL to 30 mL bedtime till wo...  Read Full »

Should I take laxatives for constipation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. I have been experiencing something like constipation for the past one week. I have had no abdominal pain, but I feel like I need to go to the bathroom. I have a bowel movement in the morning, but I feel constipated the rest of the day. I took some stool soften...  Read Full »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your complaints and what I feel is you might have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) but before I could make this diagnosis, I need to know, do you have abdominal pain along with your constipation part? Do you feel relieved after defecation, by relief I speci...  Read Full »

What are some good stool softeners available to avoid constipation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 41 years old, male having severe constipation. The stool is very hard. Hence difficulty passing it. Please suggest some good stool softener. Tablet form would be preferred. Any other medicine?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For that, you should eat high fiber diet like fruits, apple, banana, oranges, green leafy vegetables like spinach, raw cucumber. Avoid smoking if any, refined food, fatty, and oily food. You should have plenty of fluids and regular exercises. Lifestyle modifications ...  Read Full »

How to have a complete defecation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a problem to defecate completely. It takes me more than 20 minutes to defecate completely. I also take more than two minutes to pass urine completely. I am very healthy. I consulted a doctor, and I have done various tests and examinations such as defecogram, balloon expulsion test...  Read Full »

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a complex problem. Exercises like kegel exercise and medication can help. Urinary issues also occur due to constipation and dyssynergia. Use Docusate sodium 200 mg twice daily. It is a good stool softener, and you can use it for a long time.  Read Full »

A stitch after a normal delivery has not healed after five months. Is it a fistula?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a normal delivery five months back, but I can still see one stitch, which has not healed properly. The skin is still raw near the vagina. It does not hurt, but only when I pee or when water touches there, it stings. Please help. I do not want to get restitched, as it has been a l...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Do not worry. This is not infected, it is just a skin gap. Nearly everyone will have this much of wound gaping. This is more if the stitch was put very tight, it will cut through. This does not need any resuturing. But you will have to avoid sex ti...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have pain and tightness post hemorrhoidectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I had hemorrhoidectomy before six weeks. I still feel some pain and tightness while sitting. Is this normal after six weeks? I think I have anal stenosis. Stool is difficult to pass even when soft. Always have to strain and never passes naturally. I know I have a hard scar tissue. I...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, this is not normal. Pain could be due to fissure and stenosis of the anal opening, but it needs a physical examination to confirm it. I would suggest drinking lots of water, have fiber diet and chew the bolus properly to avoid constipation. You can also try any stool...  Read Full »

Is my 8 months old baby suffering from Hirschsprung's disease or severe constipation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have gotten two different opinions from two pediatricians about my 8 months old boy. One says my boy has Hirschsprung's disease, and the other says it is just constipation. The first doctor did a rectal exam, yielding no explosive stools, and he wants my son to get a barium enema. The ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There seems to be a lot of confusion that has been created. See here are my valid points: A child with any chronic disease like HD (Hirschsprung's disease) will not be able to gain weight of 9.53 kg at just 8 months of age. HD is usually diagnosed quite soon after birth. ...  Read Full »

Please suggest an ointment for anal pain and bleeding.

Query: Hi doctor, I had anal bleeding and pain for a year. My doctor said that it is just because of a small crack at rectal opening and there is nothing to worry. He has given a cream for anal fissure and one tonic for stool smoother to reduce pain while going to the bathroom. It cured me completely in tw...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As like any other cuts on your skin, anal fissure does heal by itself within weeks. Though, help is often required due to pain and bleeding. The first important rule for management is to treat constipation with stool bulk forming agents or laxatives like syrup Duphalac ...  Read Full »

My girlfriend gets blood in stool. How to get it cured?

Query: Hi doctor,My girlfriend has piles. She gets blood along with stool. She is 22 years old. How to get it cured? How to get some relief from this? Is piles operation a complicated one? How many days should she need to take rest after this operation? Is there any restriction in food?  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Blood in stools can be from upper gastrointestinal (UGI) or from lower gastrointestinal (LGI). The dark altered blood is from upper GI bleed and fresh blood is mostly from the lower GI tract. We need to evaluate various possibilities that can c...  Read Full »