Q. Please suggest treatment for flatulence, urinary incontinence, abdominal pain, and restlessness.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana
This is a premium question & answer published on May 04, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 30, 2021

I am a 30-year-old male with a height of five feet six inches. I have flatulence and urinary incontinence. Along with it, I have abdominal pain and restlessness. I am not taking any medications.

#

I understand your concern. Production of gas and feeling of fullness is a normal phenomenon of the human body. One cannot shut down gas production completely as it has its own disadvantages. But gas production can be reduced to lead a comfortable life. Gas is produced by many bacteria in the human gut. I suggest you take an antibiotic that helps to balance good bacteria as well as bad bacteria in the body. You can take tablet Rifaximin 200 mg thrice daily for three weeks. It is a very safe antibiotic but in some cases, it can cause mild diarrhea. Avoid taking gas-producing meals such as rice, grains, and cereals in your diet. Sometimes milk can also cause bloating. If this is present in your case, then cut down your dairy intake. Have a follow-up after two weeks.

Have a follow-up after two weeks.

|