How to treat flatulence, urinary incontinence, abdominal pain, and restlessness?

Q. Please suggest treatment for flatulence, urinary incontinence, abdominal pain, and restlessness.

Answered by
Dr. Ajeet Kumar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan
This is a premium question & answer published on May 04, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 08, 2023

Hi doctor,

I am a 30-year-old male with a height of five feet six inches. I have flatulence and urinary incontinence. Along with it, I have abdominal pain and restlessness. I am not taking any medications.



Welcome to

I understand your concern. Production of gas and feeling of fullness is a normal phenomenon of the human body. One cannot shut down gas production completely as it has its own disadvantages. But gas production can be reduced to lead a comfortable life. Gas is produced by many bacteria in the human gut. I suggest you take an antibiotic that helps to balance good bacteria as well as bad bacteria in the body. You can take tablet Rifaximin 200 mg (antibiotics) thrice daily for three weeks. It is a very safe antibiotic but in some cases, it can cause mild diarrhea. Avoid taking gas-producing meals such as rice, grains, and cereals in your diet. Sometimes milk can also cause bloating. If this is present in your case, then cut down your dairy intake. Have a follow-up after two weeks.

Regarding follow up:

Have a follow-up after two weeks.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Having abdominal pain and bloated feeling for five months. Could this be due to colon cancer?

I was constipated for a few months, but now I have constant diarrhea ...   Read full

I am feeling restlessness in my chest despite valve blockage treatment. Why?

.. coronary heart disease at a young age, and PCI (percutaneous intervention) was done immediately. Now you have to be very careful in this regard because those with a coronary artery disease have a further risk.   Read full

I have leg restlessness, tiredness and sleepiness altogether. Why is it so?

My advice would be to add Bupropion (Bupron XL) 150 mg to existing drugs ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Medical Gastroenterologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.