Why we lose flexibility in our 20s and 30s and how to keep it or get it back?
1. What is peak flexibility age? At what age do we start losing flexibility? Is it related to growth spurts in puberty?
2. What is a good measure of flexibility or does it depend on the individual?
3. What's a good way for someone to start getting their flexibility back as a 20- or 30-something? Where do we start, just at home, before we try out something like yoga?
4. What are the benefits of trying to improve flexibility in your 20s and 30s? Will your 40/50/60/70-year-old self be grateful?
5. What are some bad habits that hurt our flexibility? Like sitting at a desk all day.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Loss of flexibility and degeneration band ageing go hand in hand. Growth spurts loss of flexibility is due to mismatch in the rate of bone and muscle length growth. Peak fitness is in late teens and early third decades. Ability to squat, touch the tips of fingers on the floor, able to hold hands behind the shoulders, etc., indicate normal flexibility. Yoga, swimming, pilates, etc., are some means of maintaining flexibility. Improved flexibility leads to lower wear and tear of the joints and overall the muscle strength is maintained as the joints are not painful to move. Lack of flexibility comes from the sitting and not taking the joints through the range of movement and in general not being active as well as doing the chores daily.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old unmarried male. My weight is 70 kg and my height is 5'7". Recently, I checked my BP and it was 150/100 mmHg. Please suggest some medicine to reduce my BP. Shall I follow yoga or pranayama for lowering my BP? What all foods should I take and avoid? Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, Please suggest me the yoga names to improve blood flow to the testicles. I have weak erections, watery semen, and loss of libido. I am taking Pantogem DSR for indigestion and Stalopam plus for stress. My local doctor prescribed these medicines. Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, How to cure "hard breath" while performing activity? Give me some tips in yoga. Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a General Medicine Physician Now