Q. Please suggest a way to remove yellow stains from my teeth due to fluorosis.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 24, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 28, 2021

I am a 21-year-old male. I have yellow spots on my teeth. I consulted a doctor and he told me it as fluorosis. Now I am looking for a way to remove these yellow spots present on my teeth.

#

I understand your concern. Kindly send the images of the yellow spots. So, I can guide you further for management to have a complete recovery and sparking tooth forever. Yellow spots can occur due to various reasons. Fluorosis causes discoloration of teeth due to excess fluoride deposition. The strength of the teeth is not affected. It is treated by having an aesthetic correction, bleaching, veneers, or full mouth rehabilitation. As you are 21 years old, I suggest you do bleaching on anterior teeth that take part in smiling or talking. Do not treat your condition by using veneers as they fracture out while biting hard food. If there is a need, you can have full mouth rehabilitation. Kindly send images of your front and back teeth for further guidance.

|