Q. I have some skin problem on my stomach for past two months. What is it?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2018

I have had this on my stomach for about two months now. I am wondering what it is.

#

Please send the picture of the lesion to make the diagnosis. Are there any GI (gastrointestinal) complaints in the form of altered bowel movement or constipation or diarrhea. Is there any fever or weight loss? How is the appetite?

No nothing else. Just those ulcers on my stomach.

#

This looks like folliculitis. Keep the area dry and clean. Avoid scratching. Local application of Neosporin and Mometasone ointment thrice a day will help. You can also take orally capsule Cloxacillin 500 mg eight hourly for five days. Drink plenty of water.

|