Q. I have some skin problem on my stomach for past two months. What is it?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
Published on Sep 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2018

I have had this on my stomach for about two months now. I am wondering what it is.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV/AIDS Specialist
#

Please send the picture of the lesion to make the diagnosis. Are there any GI (gastrointestinal) complaints in the form of altered bowel movement or constipation or diarrhea. Is there any fever or weight loss? How is the appetite?

No nothing else. Just those ulcers on my stomach.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV/AIDS Specialist
#

This looks like folliculitis. Keep the area dry and clean. Avoid scratching. Local application of Neosporin and Mometasone ointment thrice a day will help. You can also take orally capsule Cloxacillin 500 mg eight hourly for five days. Drink plenty of water.

How to treat folliculitis on the penis?

Query: Hi doctor,This is on my penis foreskin. What exactly is this? I had tried squeezing it. Is it folliculitis by any chance? Anything to worry and what is the treatment for this?  Read Full »

Calendula - the Wound Healer

Article Overview: Calendula is one of the best homeopathic remedies for bites, stings, and open skin wounds. It has tremendous ability to heal any wound, let it be a superficial wound or deep diabetic ulcer. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

The another name for Calendula is 'English Marigold.' Calendula has a long history of use and has been considered as 'wound healer.' Calendula has been used not only by homeopathic physicians but also by the Western medicine and many surgeons. I have personally seen many surgeons using Calendul...  Read Article

I have a small bump under the shaft of penis. Is that genital herpes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. My height is 6'1" and weight 163 lbs. I have a small bump under the shaft of my penis. It looks like that it could be from masturbation, but I am not sure. There is no itching or burning. It is not an open sore either. I recently had protected oral sex with a sex worker...  Read Full »

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now