Q. My baby is turning 6 months. What food shall I give him?

Dr. M.l.kothari

My baby is 5 months old now and turning 6 months in four days. He had loose motion three days back. Since yesterday he is better, but he has lost his appetite and weight as well. He used to have 120 ml of formula milk in three to four hours gap. But now he is having only 60 ml of milk. Now, what can I give him as he is turning 6 months soon?

Dr. M.l.kothari

Paediatrics
#

For loose motion give Walamycin DS (Colistin sulfate) 5 ml twice a day for five days. Syrup Vizylac (Lactic acid bacillus) 5 ml twice a day for five days after meals.

According to me after completing 5 months stop milk from 8 AM to 8 PM and give semisolid diet like dal, dalia, khichdi, alu, kela, rice, apple, upma, halwa, patola, rab, kadi, idle, poha, satu, custard, etc, and from 8 PM to 8 AM mother's milk is preferable, if not give top milk without water and add sugar as per your taste.

To start with stop milk for four hours for 15 days and give a semisolid diet, then for the next 15 days stop milk for eight hours and give a semisolid diet. Lastly, stop milk from 8 AM to 8 PM and give a semisolid diet.

For your knowledge 100 ml milk gives 70 calories of energy, 100 ml juices give 55 calories of energy and 100 gm of semisolid diet gives 350 calories of energy.

According to me give following supplements Vitanova D3 drops half ml once a day, Zincovit drops 1 ml once a day, Feris drops (Ferrous ascorbate and Folic acid drops) 1 ml once a day and syrup Ostebon (calcium and vitamin D3) 5 ml twice a day. Continue all the above supplements for at least 1 year of age.

| 

Is a biofilm responsible for recurrent vaginosis in me?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from bacterial vaginosis for around seven years now and I have tried absolutely everything, nothing seems to be working. I have been prescribed multiple antibiotics and they only work whilst I am taking them and after that, the infection comes right back. After doin...  Read Full »

22-months-old baby attempts to eat food but gives up before it reaches her mouth. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,My 22-month-old niece is strictly eating baby food. She attempts to eat food but gives up before it reaches her mouth. She also is still on a bottle and occasionally drinks water out of a solo cup or sippy cup. She is also slightly behind in her speech, but interacts and usually plays. ...  Read Full »

How can I manage burning sensation associated with urinary infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a urinary infection (buring sensation while passing urine) for past one month. The urine culture test revealed Proteus mirabilis 100000 colonies/ml grown. Since all of the tablet-based antibiotics came resistive, the doctor prescribed Amikacin 500 mg injection 1-0-1 which came as...  Read Full »