Q. My baby is turning 6 months. What food shall I give him?

Dr. M.l. Kothari

My baby is 5 months old now and turning 6 months in four days. He had loose motion three days back. Since yesterday he is better, but he has lost his appetite and weight as well. He used to have 120 ml of formula milk in three to four hours gap. But now he is having only 60 ml of milk. Now, what can I give him as he is turning 6 months soon?

#

For loose motion give Walamycin DS (Colistin sulfate) 5 ml twice a day for five days. Syrup Vizylac (Lactic acid bacillus) 5 ml twice a day for five days after meals.

According to me after completing 5 months stop milk from 8 AM to 8 PM and give semisolid diet like dal, dalia, khichdi, alu, kela, rice, apple, upma, halwa, patola, rab, kadi, idle, poha, satu, custard, etc, and from 8 PM to 8 AM mother's milk is preferable, if not give top milk without water and add sugar as per your taste.

To start with stop milk for four hours for 15 days and give a semisolid diet, then for the next 15 days stop milk for eight hours and give a semisolid diet. Lastly, stop milk from 8 AM to 8 PM and give a semisolid diet.

For your knowledge 100 ml milk gives 70 calories of energy, 100 ml juices give 55 calories of energy and 100 gm of semisolid diet gives 350 calories of energy.

According to me give following supplements Vitanova D3 drops half ml once a day, Zincovit drops 1 ml once a day, Feris drops (Ferrous ascorbate and Folic acid drops) 1 ml once a day and syrup Ostebon (calcium and vitamin D3) 5 ml twice a day. Continue all the above supplements for at least 1 year of age.

|