Q. Had outside food and suffering from vomiting and diarrhea. Please help.

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 11, 2020

I am suffering from severe vomiting and diarrhea. I vomited 5 times in the last 6 hours and visited the toilet for about 30 to 35 times. Yesterday, I had outside food such as burger, pizza, chips, bread, etc. Please help.

#

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

• Please do not waste time at home. Go to a hospital immediately and get proper treatment at the earliest.
  • You may require antibiotics and intravenous fluid administration.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I went to the hospital and was prescribed with medicines that will help curb gastric and other sensations. I was advised to drink plenty of electrolyte fluids. If the symptoms did not get subside in the next 6 hours, then they advised for admission.

#

• If symptoms do not improve, then please get admitted for intravenous fluids at the earliest.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|