Q. I have had stomach ache and diarrhea for two days after a large meal. Kindly help me.

Dr. Rajendran R Nayar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I had stomach ache and diarrhea last Monday and vomited last Tuesday (two days). Probably due to food with coconut milk and other dishes (mostly meat and sweets) I ate last Sunday night. I am a 25-year-old female. I had the same history when I ate too much meat last month. Last time I took Loperamide and Gatorade. Now I am taking Loperamide. Could this be COVID symptoms or just food poisoning? I did not have a fever or other symptoms. Kindly give your opinion.

#

I understand you had stomach discomfort and diarrhea for two days. It is better to get a COVID RT-PCR (reverse transcriptase polymerize chain reaction) test to rule out any COVID infection. Meanwhile, please isolate until you get the test result. Your symptoms may be due to COVID, other viral infections, food poisoning, food allergy, or food intolerance. If you are having recurrent symptoms after intake of meat, you need to understand that you may be allergic or intolerant to it. You can confirm this with food allergy tests and food intolerance tests.

I hope you are alright now. I would suggest a probiotic to your anti-diarrhea regimen. Please be well hydrated with oral rehydration solutions.

I hope this was helpful.

|