Q. I observed small painless dots in the penis. What could they be?

Dr. Rashmi Singh

I recently observed small painless dots in the penis. What could they be?

#

• Kindly attach a picture of the condition so that I can guide you better.

Revert with more information to a cosmetologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

The problem still persists. There is no pain, but it itches sometimes. I am attaching a picture.

#

• I saw the images attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The condition is most likely to be Fordyce spots. They are harmless and physiological spots causing no complications. They are also self-limiting. This is not a disease.
  • You can get them removed by a dermatologist by a very small procedure called radiofrequency. But I would advise you to let it be. It will improve with time.

I hope I was able to address your concern.

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

I observed a slight burning sensation and itching in the penis. However, no burning sensation was felt while urinating. I am attaching a picture. Further, recently I had protected sex with a lady I do not know. It was 15 to 20 days back and on the next day, I saw tiny white dots on the penis. The doctor told me that it was a fungal infection and advised me to apply Ketoconazole KZ cream. Please help.

#

I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Do you have any kind of secretion? Was it a protected sex? Did KZ cream help?
  • I can see small white non-raised dots on the head of the penis. Are you concerned about that?

Please answer these questions so we can get a better approach to the case. Regards.

There is no secretion. It was a protected sex. KZ cream helps but, sometimes there is itching and a mild burning sensation. Yes, I am talking about the white nonraised dots on the head of the penis. Is it of concern?

#

• If there is no secretion, I do not think it is related to a fungal infection. So, maybe KZ will not help.
  • In my opinion, it could either be lichen sclerosus et atrophicus or an allergic reaction.
  • Since lichen sclerosus can rarely have long-term implications, I would highly recommend that you get it checked by a nearby dermatologist.

|