Q. What can happen if a small ant crawls inside the human body through nose or ear?

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar
What is the worst thing that can happen if a small ant crawl in human body through nose or ear?

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
# Hi!

The worst thing that can happen to that creature is that it will die!
No insect after entering into nose can survive for a long time as it usually gets pushed into the stomach and gets killed due to the effect gastric juices. Yes, there are some organisms like worms which do survive the effect of gastric juices and can survive at the cost of the body.

An insect in the nose usually if alive can produce severe foreign body sensations and you would either sneeze it out, or if stuck seek an immediate medical help to get it out.

Once an insect goes into the nose or ear, the feeling that its still there is often psychological even when the insect would not be there.

I hope I have answered your query in detail.

Warm regards!

| 

I have tonsil looking like a white build up with some veins on it. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a left tonsil that looks like a white build up with some veins on it. I recently was diagnosed with a jaw bone that was malaligned so I am wearing several appliances to get that back set in place. I recently went to an ENT and they put a scope down my nose and said my tonsils a...  Read Full »