Q. Is stretching exercise helpful for tight foreskin?

Dr. Vivekanandan G
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 26, 2019

I am a 22 year old male. I have problem of tight penis skin. Whenever I pull my penis skin back during erection it will be very hard to do. Then, my penis skin gets stuck behind the penis forehead and it is very painful to retract back. I generally use oil for this problem. Please suggest me what to do.

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology
#

• There are two options available for this problem, namely preputioplasty and circumcision.
  • It is better to correct this problem before marriage. Otherwise, it would lead to paraphimosis following intercourse.

For further information consult a urologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

I do not want to have any surgery. Is there any other way? I have read on the internet about the stretching exercise. Is that helpful?

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology
#

• I suggest you apply some mild steroid ointment like Betnovate cream (Betamethasone) over the prepuce for 20 days at night. Consult with your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.
  • Then, while bathing, you can pull back the prepuce a few times. This will help to stretch the foreskin.
  • However, this may not work for all, so try this for a month. If it does not work, then you may need surgery. But, not to worry as this is a very minor procedure with hardly any complication.

For further doubts consult a urologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

Topical Corticosteroids for Skin Conditions

Article Overview: Topical corticosteroids are the cornerstone therapy for many inflammatory skin conditions. So, the judicious use of topical steroids is necessary. This article discusses the potency, uses, systemic and topical side effects of topical corticosteroids. Read Article

What Are Corticosteroids? Corticosteroids are naturally-occurring or synthetic compounds with cyclopentanoperhydrophenanthrene ring. The major naturally occurring corticosteroid is cortisol, which is synthesized by the adrenal cortex. The synthetic corticosteroids are of different types and are use...  Read Article

What could be the best medicine for allergic rhinitis?

Query: Hi, I am currently using Duonase nasal spray and Odimont LC for the allergic rhinitis. I am getting mild fever after taking Duonase. Is it safe to take Duonase? Can I take Paracetamol for fever while using Duonase? Is there any alternative for Duonase without steroids?  Read Full »

Why does my foreskin not coming down completely?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. I am a male. Though I have been having healthy masturbation since past 15 years or more, the head of my penis is visible only a little bit and the foreskin not fully comes down. Will that situation hamper my married life? Having sex with a condom is possible right? ...  Read Full »