Q. What are the ways to stop daytime breastfeeding?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 04, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I am exclusively breastfeeding my 7 months old baby. My baby has started solids. I give her two meals and two snacks. I am planning to go back to work now. My question is how do I stop daytime breastfeeding? Should I breast pump and bottle feed her or should I start Formula?

#

It is better to breast pump and store the milk rather than Formula feed. The breast milk should be stored in hygienic conditions in the fridge separately from other food items. The milk need not be heated again before consumption but the bottle in which it is kept should be put in warm water (along with milk in it) so as to warm the milk.

|