Q. What are the ways to stop daytime breastfeeding?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Published on Aug 04, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 06, 2019

I am exclusively breastfeeding my 7 months old baby. My baby has started solids. I give her two meals and two snacks. I am planning to go back to work now. My question is how do I stop daytime breastfeeding? Should I breast pump and bottle feed her or should I start Formula?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

It is better to breast pump and store the milk rather than Formula feed. The breast milk should be stored in hygienic conditions in the fridge separately from other food items. The milk need not be heated again before consumption but the bottle in which it is kept should be put in warm water (along with milk in it) so as to warm the milk.

Oral Health in Breastfed Babies

Article Overview: Breastfeeding is considered one of the oldest traditions in the world which saves hundreds of children’s lives. In this article, we will see how breastfeeding influences the oral cavity in many ways along with the benefits for the same. Read Article

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Pedodontist

Firstly, let us know how breastfeeding is classified according to the World Health Organisation (WHO): Exclusive breastfeeding - where the baby is fed only the mother’s breast milk and no other food for the first six months of life. However, the baby can also be given oral rehydration drops...  Read Article

Can reduced feeding help cure 'pain while passing motions' in an infant?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is one month old. Her birth weight was 3.6 kg. After 15 days, she weighed 3.8 and then later she weighed 4.2 kg. Now, her current weight is 4.35 kg. She seems to pass drop by drop motion of about 15 to 20 times a day and she has some sharp pain followed by some intermitten...  Read Full »

Why is 2 months old baby having decreased urine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having two months old baby. Since two days I am observing that his diapers are not wet and heavy as they used to be. So I checked his urine output by laying him down without a diaper for five hours and fed him twice with two and a half hours gap between each feed. He peed thrice aft...  Read Full »