Q. What are the ways to stop daytime breastfeeding?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

I am exclusively breastfeeding my 7 months old baby. My baby has started solids. I give her two meals and two snacks. I am planning to go back to work now. My question is how do I stop daytime breastfeeding? Should I breast pump and bottle feed her or should I start Formula?

Do you have a question on Formula Feeding or Benefits Of Breastfeeding?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

MBBS., DCH
Child Health Paediatrics

It is better to breast pump and store the milk rather than Formula feed. The breast milk should be stored in hygienic conditions in the fridge separately from other food items. The milk need not be heated again before consumption but the bottle in which it is kept should be put in warm water (along with milk in it) so as to warm the milk.

Also Read Answers From: Formula Feeding Benefits Of Breastfeeding

Oral Health in Breastfed Babies
Article Overview: Breastfeeding is considered one of the oldest traditions in the world which saves hundreds of children’s lives. In this article, we will see how breastfeeding influences the oral cavity in many ways along with the benefits for the same.  Read Article »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Pedodontist

Firstly, let us know how breastfeeding is classified according to the World Health Organisation (WHO): Exclusive breastfeeding - where the baby is fed only the mother’s breast milk and no other food for the first six months of life. However, the baby can also be given oral rehydration drops ...  Read Article >>
Can reduced feeding help cure 'pain while passing motions' in an infant?
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is one month old. Her birth weight was 3.6 kg. After 15 days, she weighed 3.8 and then later she weighed 4.2 kg. Now, her current weight is 4.35 kg. She seems to pass drop by drop motion of about 15 to 20 times a day and she has some sharp pain followed by some intermitten...  Read Full >>
Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the lab reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need not worry. This is common in children of this age group. You need not reduce the amount of feeding nor you have to start any other medication. The report is also fin...  Read Full >>

Why is 2 months old baby having decreased urine?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having two months old baby. Since two days I am observing that his diapers are not wet and heavy as they used to be. So I checked his urine output by laying him down without a diaper for five hours and fed him twice with two and a half hours gap between each feed. He peed thrice aft...  Read Full >>
Dr. Payas Joshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern for your baby. Your baby should urinate 6 to 8 times per day. As you have told that the baby peed after feeds, this seems absolutely normal. You may just keep a track on total 24 hours urine. Should be 6 to 8 times in a day. Reducing feed am...  Read Full >>

Ask a Doctor Now