Q. Why is my vagina smelling like rotten eggs?

Published on Mar 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 03, 2019

I have noticed the past couple of days my vagina smells like rotten eggs. I have never been sexually active, but I use tampons. I do not have any other symptoms, like burning, itching, discharge, etc. What could this be?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing? The possible causes are:

1. If a tampon is left in for a long time or unhygienic methods of insertion. You can stop using tampons and use sanitary pads till fine. Use vaginal wash twice a day for a week.
  2. If you have a urinary infection. This will need confirmation of infection with testing urine. Antibiotic and a lot of water.
  3. Polyps or fibroids in the endometrial cavity or the cervix. This has to be confirmed with a pelvic scan. As you are not sexually active, infection is ruled out.

Hope I have clarified your queries, do write back. All the best.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Can uterine fibroid be cured without surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49 year old female, and I have a uterine fibroid. I have heavy bleeding from two or three months. What to do? What medicines can I take? Is it curable without surgery? Please advise. I am taking Kanchanar Guggulu from ten days.  Read Full »

Antibiotics for urinary tract infection treatment

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from urinary tract infection. I get these once in every couple of years. I need to get an antibiotic to get rid of it. Please help.  Read Full »

Will antibiotics affect the sputum report?

Query: Hi doctor, I have cough for about a week. It is a mild one with a bit sore throat. So, I did my sputum test in a laboratory and the following are the results I received today. Acid fast bacilli smear - acid fast bacilli not detected. In sputum culture and sensitivity, culture - negative, organism - ...  Read Full »