Tampons

Why does my vagina feel too tight for a tampon?

Query: Hello doctor, My tampon will not go in no matter how hard I try and it hurts so bad. I cannot get my finger in either sides. I have planned to have sex soon but my vagina is too tight. What can I do? Is this normal? I really want to get a tampon in, because I am tired of pads and I feel like my vag...  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, some girls may have a tight vagina. I would suggest it is better to get yourself examined by a doctor under good light as the actual diagnosis of tightness can only be found out then. Different causes may include vaginal septum or vaginal stenosis, etc. But if i...  Read Full »

Why does my vaginal discharge smell like rotten eggs?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed the past couple of days my vagina smells like rotten eggs. I have never been sexually active, but I use tampons. I do not have any other symptoms, like burning, itching, discharge, etc. What could this be?  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? The possible causes are: If a tampon is left in for a long time or unhygienic methods of insertion. You can stop using tampons and use sanitary pads till fine. Use vaginal wash twice a day for a week. If you have a urinary infection. This will need c...  Read Full »

I have a foul smell in the vagina. Is it possible that I have left a tampon in?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old female. My last period was one and a half weeks ago. I had sex five days ago. I noticed a smell that made me suspicious. The smell went away in a couple hours but that made me think I left a tampon in. I felt for it but couldn't find anything. Yesterda...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not see it a reason to worry about. As you mentioned, it could be a forgotten tampon. But chances are low as it would have interfered with your sex. It would have been painful. The other possibility is there may be an infection of vagina and cervix. Cervix ca...  Read Full »

I have a pulling sensation in my vagina. Is this a side effect of the morning-after pills?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I have a minor issue. About a month and a half ago, there was an incident where the condom broke. About 36 hours later, my husband got me four of the morning-after pills, and I took them all at once. Three days later, I started experiencing nausea, soreness of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please let me know if you were previously pregnant. Since you took the emergency contraception pill within 36 hours, and you got your period after the intercourse, you are not pregnant. The emergency contraception pills are progesterone tablets. It is a hormone no...  Read Full »