Q. What can be done for sore swollen area behind the upper last tooth?

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar
Published on May 23, 2019

I have very sore area behind the last tooth on my upper right side of my mouth. It hurts terribly to chew and swallow because of the location of the soreness. I am 52 years old and never really had problems with my teeth. Also, the area does not look red or has any open sores, just swollen. It started about two days ago.

#

There are three possibilities about this soreness, either there is some problem with the tooth, may be it is fractured. Secondly, possibility is that you may have got trauma due to biting or food like fish sting stuck there. Third possibility is that due to trauma from biting you may have developed an ulcer.

Now if your tooth is carious, fractured, then you may require antibiotics or it may require to be restored or extracted. If it is irritating mucosa around then we need to contour tooth to relieve area. Third, if there is ulcer then you may require the topical gel for one week. You can send photograph of the area if possible.

What are the watery bubbles present on either side of my penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have small watery bubbles on either side of my penis and they seem to have grown in number in the last few weeks. First they appeared around three months back, but very less in number. They do not cause any irritation, but increased in number and looks ugly. I have not used any medicati...  Read Full »

My root canal filling came out. Pease help.

Query: Hello doctor, I had a root canal done for a tooth, a couple of months ago. My crown came out 8 days back. I did not go back to the dentist, but now a screw came out my tooth. What does this mean? When should I visit a dentist?  Read Full »

Swollen gums with bad smell from drilled teeth.

Query: Hello doctor, My bottom teeth were drilled for a root canal but after drilling doctor told that my teeth have a split and he filled that hole with a cavity. From the past one year, my gum was swollen and bad smell is coming out from that teeth. From the past one month, I have had bumps on my back o...  Read Full »