Q. I got hit on penis accidentally and getting pain on erection. Why?

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

I had a minor injury four weeks ago when my partner while on the bed accidentally hit my erected penis on the left side next to the frenulum under the head. I had some minor pains here and there but I stopped all sexual activities. I did notice a very sharp pain today after an erection only, and the pain was at the same location of the injury. As I wanted to feel if there is a lump I did feel something there at the same location I described above (size of 1-2 millimeters). Please tell me if this will heal in a good way such as no scar tissue or bad way with scar tissue and Peyronie's as my age is only 26 and I do not have any medical history or problems, and the same for my family. I do have varicoceles on my left nut sack grade 1. I have attached a picture of the frenulum.

My questions are: What will be the healing time and pain healing time? What are the percentage of chances of developing or not developing scar tissue or Peyronie's at this age? Will you recommend any medicines like Pentoxifylline or anti-inflammatory? I am not taking anything now.

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Andrology Urology
#

I have seen the pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

If the trauma was at the level of frenulum then you can go for frenuloplasty so that frenulum will be freed from glans and there should not be any problem further.

Peyronie's disease generally develops after trauma to the shaft of penis. There is no recommendation to start medication for this prophylactically. Take some pain killers and anti-inflammatory medicines so that pain and inflammation will subside early. It may take three to five days.

| 

My foreskin is swollen after a frenuloplasty. Is it paraphimosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a frenuloplasty yesterday and the doctor told me that I had to put back my foreskin 24 hours after the operation, but it is impossible for me to do it. My foreskin is big and swollen and the stitches seem to hold it retracted. Is this normal? Or is it paraphimosis?  Read Full »

I have mild pain on erection. Can I be developing Peyronie's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old male. I over masturbate sometimes. Generally, I masturbate twice a day. Recently, I noticed mild pain when I had an erection. The pain was in the mid part of my penis. The pain went away as the erection subsided. I masturbated in the prone method that is lying down...  Read Full »

There are knots and stiffness in shaft muscle. Is this side effect of enhancement pills?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been to four urologists and none of them know what is wrong with me. Hopefully, you will have some information I do not already possess.I have a lot of discomfort with the penile shaft. It feels like there as knots and stiffness in the shaft muscle. When running or any kind of ex...  Read Full »