Q. My penis is like an hourglass and bends in a weird way while erect. Is this Peyronie's disease?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 11, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 27, 2020

I am a 24-year-old male. I have noticed that my penis gets really narrow in the middle like an hourglass and bends in a weird way when half erect or in the process of getting erect. It gets completely normal when fully erect though and there is no pain. This happens once every few days. Should I be worried?

I have tried searching online and the closest result is Peyronie's. However, in Peyronie's the erect penis gets the hourglass shape with pain but in my case erections are just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am quite worried.

#

After reviewing your history, it seems to me Peyronie’s disease but I need pictures (flaccid, partial, and complete erection) from you to confirm it. Presentation is secondary to fibrosis in tunica Albuginea causing curvature of penis on erection to variable degrees. It starts with inflammation and pain but will stabilize and become painless with time over approximately six months. Its causing factors are not exactly known but related to microvascular injury and healing with fibrosis is more common in diabetics and might be secondary to autoimmune diseases.

Diagnosis is made purely on clinical grounds by history examination and pictures. Treatment ranges from medications to local injections to surgery which is reserved for significant deformity and curvature. I would be grateful to further diagnose and follow up on you. Please send me pictures to support the diagnosis before I make a strategy for your treatment.

Provide pictures.

|