Q. My brother's daughter has a problem of frequent urination. Please help us.

Dr. Deepak Patel

My brother's younger daughter is 6 years old. Her weight is 24 kg and height is 4 feet. She always rushes to the bathroom to urinate. In a day, she rushes 20 to 25 times to urinate. We were done her urine RE, and it shows everything as normal. She becomes thirsty to drink water. She fears to go to school for such problem. Besides these, her everything activity is normal. Also, her growth and hunger mood are normal. We want a suggestion for such problem. Previous she had some allergic reactions including red rashes, itching, etc., and it was solved with medicine. We are living in a rural area, and there are no good pediatricians available. Please help us what to do. Thanking you.

#

I can understand your concerns.

Increased frequency of urination in a 6 year old child can be due to UTI (Urinary Tract Infection), renal stones or diabetes mellitus.

Since, in this case, increased thirst is also present there is a probability of diabetes mellitus. Although in diabetes mellitus increased hunger is also present, it is not necessary.

Kindly repeat urine routine microscopy and urine culture test with fresh morning sample. Also, do blood sugar levels, HbA1c levels and ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureters, and bladder).

Kindly review with the above reports. Take care of your child.

Revert with the reports to a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

|