Usg Kub

How can I get rid of recurring UTI?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a recurring UTI. I am travelling at the moment so wanted to get some advice on how to get rid of it. I have already taken a three-day course of antibiotics the first time I had it. It went away but maybe a week later it came back at which point I took a sachet that you dissolve...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In males, recurrent urinary tract infections are uncommon and always indicate an underlying pathology or anatomical abnormality of the urinary tract. It requires complete examination of urinary tract to look for any pathology or anatomical abnormality ASAP because if th...  Read Full »

Do cholesterol medications cause an increase in creatinine values?

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking Lipicard 160 mg and Atorlip 10 mg for controlling triglycerides and cholesterol. Both are now under control but, my serum creatinine value is 1.2. Is the value higher than normal? If so, is it due to my medicines or could there be any other reason?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not elevated but in the borderline. Actually, the values depend on the lab as well. You need to see the lab reference range for it. However, you should get it repeated as we need to be sure regarding the value. And, this is not due to the medicines which you tak...  Read Full »

My 7 year old daughter has repeated urine infections. How to clear it out?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter aged 7 years has a urine infection. We have done a urine culture as well as regular analysis and found that there is an infection. She has this problem from a long time. She has a bad habit of holding her urine for a long time until she can hold it no more.  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what age did she started having UTI (urinary tract infection)? How often does she get UTI? Does she have a fever now? How is the general condition? Once this episode resolves, she needs an ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureters, and bladder) with PVR (po...  Read Full »

Will prostate enlargement improve with alpha-blockers?

Query: Hi doctor, I have enlarged prostate. Also, my blood urea and creatinine have increased. Will it improve with the treatment of alpha-blockers (Tamdura)?  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly mention your age. How much is the value of creatinine? Also, what is the prostate size? Has the digital rectal examination (DRE) and ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureters and urinary bladder) being done or not? I would suggest a prostate biopsy if PSA (prostate...  Read Full »

My urethral opening is red and lumpy. Is it herpes or warts?

Query: Hi doctor, From the last three months, my urethral opening is a little swollen. The inside of the opening seems to be red and lumpy. I seem to be leaking a lot of urine after urinating. My urine also has some kind of clear floating object on top. I am scared if this is herpes or warts or HPV. My fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.From the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your glans seem to be having an area of visible veins, and it does not look like wart or herpes. Also, it has no surrounding inflammation. The meatus looks perfectly normal. The normal color inside the meatus...  Read Full »

I have excessive thirst and frequent urination. Are these due to my medications?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been on Lithium for bipolar disorder for over 20 years. From a blood test two years ago, I noticed that my GFR was below 40. So, I gradually started switching from Lithium to Epilim to avoid further damage to my kidneys. But now, I experience excessive thirst and I wake up at nig...  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Jawandhiya

Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your detailed reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Lithium commonly causes two types of renal disease, namely nephrogenic diabetes insipidus and chronic tubulointerstitial nephritis. Diabetes insipidus is causing the...  Read Full »

Can lower abdominal pain mean kidney problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old female having one kid of 3 years old. It has been one year since I am suffering from lower abdominal pain and I took medicine as per gynecologist advice for reducing swelling of my uterus and today I decided to go for an ultrasound and after that ultrasound report, I...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The sonography report shows mild swelling of both kidneys. This may be due to holding urine for sonography. It may also be due to infection, stone or some block in kidney tubes. You should get a repeat sonography of KUB (kidney, ureter, bladder) done with an empty bladd...  Read Full »

Is it normal to wet adult diaper unknowingly while standing?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been wearing adult diapers to keep my bed dry cause there have been at times when I come close to wetting the bed. But a couple of nights ago I would wake up dry but when I would sit up or stand before I make it to the bathroom I would without knowing wet the diaper. My question ...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since how long are you having night time incontinence? Is there daytime incontinence? Do you have frequency and urgency? Was a sonography done to look for prostate size and residual urine? Did you have urine infection in the past? Please get back to me with previous rep...  Read Full »

Do I have to fast before I go for GFR test?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female. For a year, I am advised to take one Sompraz D20 on an empty stomach in the morning, and one Libotryp tablet at bedtime for TB. As a part of routine check up, I want to get tested for kidney function, that is, GFR blood test. Is fasting required for this test? ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your concern regarding GFR (glomerular filtration rate). If no structural abnormality of kidneys is seen on imaging studies like ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder), then get serum creatinine, which is an approximate reflection of renal function...  Read Full »

I overdosed on medicines two years back. Have I damaged my liver and kidneys?

Query: Hello doctor, I had overdosed on multiple medicines two years back, which included eight iron tablets on two occasions, Avil 16 tablets 25 mg, SSRI twice, all on different occasions. Two years back, my SGPT was 106, a month after my last overdose incident and creatinine was 1.2. Since then, my SGPT ...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you had an overdose of few medicines two years back. This will usually cause a transient damage to your liver and kidney. These organs will recover completely if there is no underlying inherent disease for them. You need to avoid any further occurrences like ...  Read Full »