Q. What do sudden frequent urination and flank pain indicate?

Dr. Devendra
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have been suffering from frequent urination for the last two days and slight pain in the left side abdomen. The urine test found 10-15 hpf RBC and the USG report came back normal. What does this mean?

#

• Do you smoke?
  • At 33 years, the combination of recent onset of frequent urination with flank pain and urine analysis showing RBC (red blood cells) indicates the most likely passage of the small ureteric stone.
  • If USG comes persistently normal with same picture repeated, then we might need to evaluate it more though majority chances of it turning out to be everything normal.
  • I would suggest repeat urine analysis after 15 days or if again similar symptoms.

I suggest the following treatment. Please consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

1. Tablet Tamsulosin 0.2 mg.

2. Tablet Tolterodine 2 mg at bed time.

3. Syrup Noculi B6 (Potassium citrate) two tablespoon with half glass water twice daily for seven days.

Revert after 15 days to a urologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

I smoke occasionally or very rarely. Is there anything to worry?

#

• Mostly, you have passed a small stone. So, nothing to worry and take the advised medicine.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|