Q. Kindly suggest some medicine to get rid of ringworm infection.

Dr. Shaunak Patel
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 04, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My problem started four years back. It started up as a small ringworm infection and now it has taken a terrible position. I am facing lot of trouble on my hips. I feel lot of itching and when I itch hard some watery kind of thing comes out. When I take medicine it is fine. When I stop taking medicine, it relapses. I am facing lot of irritation during periods. I took Terbicip, but it did not get adjusted with my body. Now, I am taking Ebast 10 mg and feeling better with it. Kindly suggest me some medicine so that I can get rid of it permanently. Thank you.

#

I understand your concern.

From my professional opinion, it looks like tinea with secondary eczematization or in simple words fungal infection with skin damage due to rubbing.

One advice is please do not rub. I understand it can be difficult but try.

• Take capsule Forcan (Fluconazole) 200 mg once weekly for four weeks.
  • Loceryl cream to be applied twice daily for three weeks. Once in the morning after bath and another at bedtime.
  • Abzorb powder (Clotrimazole) only in groin area (not hips). This is to prevent the infection from reaching the groins.
  • Tablet Dazit (Desloratadine) to be taken at night for seven nights to relieve itching.
  • Use separate head towel and body towel. Change underwear every day. No direct soap application over the area. No using Dettol or Savlon also. Just plain water will do.
  • Do not drink milk or milk products or bread for a week. It contains yeast which is a fungus itself. If we want to kill fungus, we should control yeast intake.
  • If you have bulky legs that rub with each other, exercise and lose some weight.

Continue the medicines for the time period. Follow up with me after three weeks for a change in cream.

Since this is a chronic condition, it needs to be removed completely to prevent further recurrences.

Even if you feel any reduction in symptoms, complete the medicines for the given time period. This is very important. Hope this solves your query.

Revert back after three weeks to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|