Q. There is a large area of redness in my buttocks,is it psoriasis?

Answered by Dr. Atishay Bukharia and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Fungal Infection or Antifungal? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

For a couple of months, I have had a red area between my butt cheeks (not anus, further up where butt cheeks meet). This developed on the right side as a large area of redness which now feels scaly and a bit raised. At times it may feel moist, watery, not quite bleedy though. I tried an athlete's foot antifungal spray which I think helps a little bit, but it comes back again. Is it psoriasis or fungal infection or just irritation? I am a runner and sweat a lot due to heavy exercising every day. I took a picture, and I have attached it. Please advise.