Q. I am 22 years old, but my weight is just 50 kg. Please suggest any mass gainer.

Dr. Saseendar S
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 02, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 06, 2021

I am 22 years old. My weight is just 50 kg, and my height is 5'6. Please advise some ways to gain weight.

My bones are so thin. Please prescribe some medicines.

#

I understand your problem and your worries attached to it.

Body habitus, which is how a person's build looks irrespective of the amount or type of intake he has, depends largely on the metabolic rate of the person and the activity level of the person, though the quality of balanced food he takes does contribute. It is quite common to see a person who restricts his diet a lot to look obese or a person who eats too much to look lean.

However, the power or strength of the person does not depend on the looks at all. Often well-built people are too weak and vice versa. Coming to your specific request, it is very much possible to add up to your muscle by adjusting the type of food and frequency of intake

Try to add more boiled eggs, green leaves, and cooked meat and milk to your diet. Avoid too many snacks. That would decrease your appetite and prevent you from eating your regular meals properly. Eat three times a day with fruits or vegetables in between.

Have warm-up daily morning in the form of jogging or brisk walking atleast for one hour.

Make a personality boost and start approaching things with confidence, firmness, and kindness. Remember, a brisk, slim person is more handsome or appealing than a sluggish or over-built person.

I strongly advise you against drugs or steroids that can make a short-term boost to your physical appearance. All these drugs have after-effects on your appearance later.

Get back to me if you have further queries.

Good luck.

|