Q. I am 22 years old, but my weight is just 50 kg. Please suggest any mass gainer.

Answered by
Dr. Saseendar S
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 02, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 06, 2021

Hello doctor,

I am 22 years old. My weight is just 50 kg, and my height is 5'6. Please advise some ways to gain weight.

My bones are so thin. Please prescribe some medicines.



Welcome to

I understand your problem and your worries attached to it.

Body habitus, which is how a person's build looks irrespective of the amount or type of intake he has, depends largely on the metabolic rate of the person and the activity level of the person, though the quality of balanced food he takes does contribute. It is quite common to see a person who restricts his diet a lot to look obese or a person who eats too much to look lean.

However, the power or strength of the person does not depend on the looks at all. Often well-built people are too weak and vice versa. Coming to your specific request, it is very much possible to add up to your muscle by adjusting the type of food and frequency of intake

Try to add more boiled eggs, green leaves, and cooked meat and milk to your diet. Avoid too many snacks. That would decrease your appetite and prevent you from eating your regular meals properly. Eat three times a day with fruits or vegetables in between.

Have warm-up daily morning in the form of jogging or brisk walking atleast for one hour.

Make a personality boost and start approaching things with confidence, firmness, and kindness. Remember, a brisk, slim person is more handsome or appealing than a sluggish or over-built person.

I strongly advise you against drugs or steroids that can make a short-term boost to your physical appearance. All these drugs have after-effects on your appearance later.

Get back to me if you have further queries.

Good luck.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
How to gain weight?

I want to gain more mass and weight ... You can definitely gain weight ...   Read full

Can I take Practin and Decdan to gain weight?

.. Practin (Cyproheptadine hydrochloride) and Decdan (Dexamethasone) would just add water retention in the body and not increase the muscle mass. So once you leave it, your body shall return back to low weight itsel So, Practin and Decdan are not re...   Read full

I am 23 years old and weighs about 36 kg with slim body. Please help to gain weight.

Hello doctor,I walk and jog for 40 minutes and my pulse crosses 165. My age is 39 and obese. Taking Olmesartan 20 mg for blood pressure and taking Rosuvastatin 5 mg for cholesterol. I read that one should not exercise more than 140 counts keeping int...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Monkeypox Virus - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Complications, and Prevention
Monkeypox is a zoonotic viral disease. This virus got its name as it was first noticed in laboratory monkeys in the late...  Read more»
Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.