Q. I am having gap between two teeth in the front. How to fix the gap?

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

There is a gap between my front two teeth. I want to close the gap. Can you please suggest any process for it?

#

Yes, there are two treatment options.

1. Ortho (braces) treatment.

2. Tooth-colored fillings.

Gap closure by braces is a permanent solution. Your teeth will be aligned and the gap can be closed naturally. This option is suggested when the gap is very wide and this helps correct other tooth alignment issues if present.

Whereas in the second option, the gap is closed with a tooth-colored filling material. This is not a permanent solution. This filling can last anywhere between three to seven years. If this filling fractures in the future, you may require a new filling in its place. However, the longevity of this filling depends on our maintenance. This will best suit if the gap between the two teeth is less than 4 mm.

The option that best suits you is determined by the amount of gap present, general oral hygiene, and your gum health. A clear picture of the gap will help suggest.

If you want to close your tooth gap naturally without any filling, please visit an orthodontist to start a braces treatment. But if the gap is minimal and you want a filling to close the gap, this procedure is best done by a cosmetic dentist.

| 

How can we treat the gaps between the teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I have gaps between my teeth. Can it be closed? By which process can it be closed?  Read Full »

Invisible Aligners for a Perfect Smile

Article Overview: Custom made invisible aligners are orthodontic devices that are a transparent plastic form of dental braces used to adjust or move the teeth, which encourages even adults to have a "Perfect Smile." Read Article

Everyone's dream is to have a great smile, but they get stuck where to start from. Many people are experiencing success using clear orthodontic devices called "Aligners." Orthodontic braces encourage teeth to move using brackets connected with wires. Aligners are a series of custom-made tight fitt...  Read Article

Does one need treatment for gap in front teeth?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a gap in front teeth may be it is diastema. Teeth are not fully separated apart starting from gum line like typical diastema. They have only slight gap below the gum line, may be less than an mm. I want to know:Whether this gap between the teeth require any kind of treatment othe...  Read Full »