Q. Is it safe for my mom to take Rabium for a long time?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 19, 2019

My mother is 47 years old. She takes Rabium 20 mg tablet daily and it gives her relief in her health problem. I just wanted to know whether this medicine is safe on daily basis. Does this cause any side effects? Is it safe for my mom to take it for a long time?

#

• No problem in using it for a long time. If she suffers from any side effects, then she should stop it.
  • The side effects may include nausea, abdominal pain, constipation, flatulence and diarrhea.
  • She needs to take the following precautions while taking Rabium (Rabeprazole) for a long time.
  1. Measure the blood magnesium level once a year as she might need a magnesium supplement.
  2. Long-term use may lead to weak bones.
  3. The tablet should be taken immediately before a meal, better in the morning.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|