Q. I have upper left back pain, and my ECG was abnormal. Is it a heart problem?

Dr. Settipalli Saravan Pramod

I have pain in my upper left back region. My ECG was abnormal, but my echo was normal. My BP is 130/80 mmHg, random blood sugar is 184, total cholesterol is 124, and triglyceride is 463. I have panic disorder, and I am taking regular medicine.

#

• The symptoms are suggestive of acute gastritis, which might be present as similar complaints as you mentioned. But to rule out heart conditions like angina, as ECG shows abnormal changes, kindly upload your reports to have proper information.
  • I suggest you try taking tablet Pantop 40 (Pantoprazole), once daily morning before food for 15 days. Try to control the intake of spicy food, have bland food, and try to avoid food at irregular timings.

Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you very much. I do have dry mouth and irregular motion. My 2D echo is normal, then what could be the reason for the pain? If ECG is abnormal, then is there any heart problem? I am worried.

#

• Your case is mostly suggestive of acute gastritis, which could be the reason of all the symptoms that you are having.
  • The abnormalities in the ECG might be due to anxiety, and it is seen in few people. Kindly furnish your ECG and other investigations, which were done. As your echo was normal, it does not rule out all cardiac problems. So, the next step will be to get a TMT (treadmill test) done.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you for replying. The pain is not constant, but it comes and goes. My BP is also normal.

#

• Can you describe the pain? Is it radiating type? Do you have any burning sensation in the throat? Could you please elaborate? As echo was quite normal, there is no need to be tensed.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|