Q. What tablets can be taken for GERD?

This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2022

I am a nurse. I had throat burning sensation, nausea, chest pain, feeling of a full stomach, nausea, and reflux symptoms one month ago and the doctor advised me for lifestyle modifications. I stopped coffee, I am sleeping for two hours after dinner and I am eating non-spicy food. I was free of symptoms for one month. But, now the GERD has come. It is a little severe. I also have a mild chest pain. Can you please suggest me medicines? What tablets should be had and for how many days? Thrice a week I have these symptoms?

#

It seems you have GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), GERD which is the cause of your symptoms.

GERD occurs when stomach acid or the stomach content flows back into your food pipe. The backwash irritates the lining of your esophagus and causes heartburn, chest pain, and an intense burning sensation.

I suggest you start PPI (proton pump inhibitor) and antacids like Pantoprazole and Omeprazole with Domperidone 40 mg twice daily after consultation with your local physician apart from lifestyle modifications.

|