Q. Why do I feel a bubbling sensation in my chest while sitting or lying down?

Image: Why do I feel a bubbling sensation in my chest while sitting or lying down?

I am a 32 year old male, I have been to the ER twice in the past two weeks for a bubbling sensation that starts at the base of my sternum and goes up my esophagus, mostly when I am sitting or lying down. On the first visit they did a complete blood workup, EKG, and x-ray, everything was normal. They said it was GI related. I went back to the ER today because I had the same feeling. They took my vitals which were fine, and I had no pain when they pressed my stomach. I was prescribed Omeprazole 40 mg twice daily and Citalopram 20 mg once daily. Two weeks ago, when I was monitoring my neck pulse, I could not feel the pulse when I had the bubbling sensation. Once the feeling is gone, I can feel my pulse again. I am also under medication for anxiety disorder and acid reflux. What is wrong with me?