Q. I have small red rashes on my glans penis. What could be the cause?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have small red rashes on my glans penis. It started as a small blister. When cleaned, it peeled like skin. However, if it is not cleaned, white discharge gets in and around the site. I am not taking any kind of medications.

#

Please revert with an image.

• It could be balanitis or herpes genitalis. The management can be decided based on the diagnosis.
  • In the case of balanitis, one may apply Miconazole 2 % cream twice a day.
  • Do you have a history of unprotected sexual intercourse?

Revert with more information to a cosmetologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

Thanks for replying. Since I had unprotected sex with my partner, I noticed these red rashes and white discharges.

#

• Please provide the following information:
  1. Since how many days do you notice this?
  2. Is this the first episode?
  3. Did you take any medicines previously?
  • Also, kindly send a good quality image.

Thanks for replying. This is the second episode. The previous episode occurred last year. I was then treated with Candid-B as guided by the doctor. Now it has recurred.

#

• From your description, it can be balanitis. In that case, one may apply DK gel (Miconazole) 2 % twice a day. Please revert with an image so that the oral medications can be prescribed.
  • Also, it is important to treat the partner to prevent recurrence.

Thanks for replying. I have attached the file as requested by you.

#

I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It looks like herpes genitalis. It is a sexually transmitted disease. Is it associated with pain or itching?
  • Please get a blood test done for HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) and VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory). It is important since you have a history of unprotected sexual intercourse.
  • Apply T-Bact (Mupirocin) cream twice daily.
  • I suggest taking an oral antiviral medication like tablet Acyclovir 400 mg three times a day after meal for seven days.
  • Also take tablet Rantac (Ranitidine) 150 mg twice a day before meal for seven days.

Please revert after seven days with the reports.

Revert after seven days to a cosmetologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

|