Q. Are the brown and red bumps genital warts or molluscum?

Dr. Nagaraj Patil
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
I want to know if i have genital warts or if its something else. In the pictures I’ve circled the ones I think they are, I’m just unsure of if it’s genital warts or Molluscum. Some are like brown and there is one red with some white in it. I’ve had one of the brown ones for a while but I always thought it was a birth mark until now

Please let me know what you think it is and how I can find out for sure what these things are, if they are genital warts or Molluscum or something else
#

Hello. Let me have look at them and reply you.

Okay, thank you very much.
#

Hello. Does not look like warts. Wanted to know few things before i suggest anything. Since when you noticed them? Is it started with one lesion and then went on to become more? Is there size increased? Are you sexually active? Are they painful? Is there any discharge? Are there any other swelling in your inguinal region (fold between thigh and lower abdomen).

I noticed two of them a year or so ago but I thought it was a birth mark, the more red one is newer, but I remember seeing it a long time ago also when I shaved. I think maybe the size for one of them increased a small very tiny bit. They are not painful, there was no discharge and no swelling in my inguinal region (thank you for explaining where that is) this is the first time I’ve noticed they were bumps and when inspecting that’s when I saw a 2 other ones near the red one which I didn’t know I had. If I do have genital warts does it last forever?
#

Thanks for that. I don't think they are genital warts. Even if warts, treatment is available and lesions may not last forever (least likely in your case). Considering the history provided, looks like boils which is due to superficial bacterial infection in and around hairy part on body. Such boils keep coming and then dry off by themselves. When they first appear, they look reddish in color, slowly become pale white and then when they shed off, may leave a light brown pigmentation. Suggest to observe them for couple of weeks. Keep the area dry. Can use over the counter anti bacterial dusting powder on affected part few 3-4 weeks. I am sure this will help. Take Care. If there is anything, happy to help further.

|