Q. Please help with the wart-like growth on my foreskin.

I had wart-like growth on my foreskin. I consulted a doctor, who asked me to get a circumcision done. So I got the circumcision done. The biopsy result showed that they were viral warts (condyloma acuminatum), and the doctor gave me tablet Valtoval for a month. After going through the internet, I found out that viral warts are caused by HPV, so I stopped taking Valtoval, as it is used for herpes and not HPV. But now, I got a small wart-like lesion on my penis. I feel bad and frustrated, and I do not know what I need to do. Please help me. What do I need to do? I am going to get married next month. I am waiting for your response. Thanks.

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

You are right in saying that genital warts are caused by HPV (human papillomavirus), and even the biopsy of the excised skin confirmed the same. Although there are some reports that Valtoval (Valacyclovir) has some efficacy in HPV, it is largely inconclusive.

Having said this, I think you need to opt for Imiquimod or Podophyllin as next mode of treatment. The former enhances your immune system, which helps in fighting from genital warts. In my own practice, I prefer this mode of treatment and find good results.

I request you to discuss the use of Imiquimod with your doctor. At the same time, avoid unprotected sex with your potential partner now or in recent future, as it may transmit the disease to your partner. I must assure you that with Imiquimod, there is a good chance of remission of genital warts.

I hope this helps you. Feel free to write back if you have more questions. Thanks and regards.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|