Q. What is the soft, white, non-itchy lump in my penile shaft?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

I am 31 years sexually active gay male with one partner. Four weeks ago, I got a soft white color lump in my penile shaft which was not itchy or painful. Three days ago, I got another one with same features. I am worried about warts. Please help me.

#

I saw the picture. It looks like a flat genital wart (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Usually, the wart will have a rough surface with multiple finger-like projections. Sometimes it is difficult to appreciate finer details in pictures, making dermoscopy examination necessary.

Another possibility is molluscum, a viral infection which presents with a white bump with a central pit. Looks like, the newly appeared small bump has a pit in the center. These two conditions can be differentiated by using dermoscope. Dermoscope enhances the features of the lesion.

Both are viral infections and need to be treated. Please meet your dermatologist for appropriate treatment. Treatment options include liquid nitrogen cryotherapy, electrodesiccation and curettage, Podophyllotoxin application and application of Salicylic acid and Lactic acid combination.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|