Q. What is the soft, white, non-itchy lump in my penile shaft?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

I am 31 years sexually active gay male with one partner. Four weeks ago, I got a soft white color lump in my penile shaft which was not itchy or painful. Three days ago, I got another one with same features. I am worried about warts. Please help me.

#

I saw the picture. It looks like a flat genital wart (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Usually, the wart will have a rough surface with multiple finger-like projections. Sometimes it is difficult to appreciate finer details in pictures, making dermoscopy examination necessary.

Another possibility is molluscum, a viral infection which presents with a white bump with a central pit. Looks like, the newly appeared small bump has a pit in the center. These two conditions can be differentiated by using dermoscope. Dermoscope enhances the features of the lesion.

Both are viral infections and need to be treated. Please meet your dermatologist for appropriate treatment. Treatment options include liquid nitrogen cryotherapy, electrodesiccation and curettage, Podophyllotoxin application and application of Salicylic acid and Lactic acid combination.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

I have some eruptions on the skin of my pubic area. What could they be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having these hard clusters of bumps show up in the pubic region. The bumps are not razor burn. They are not filled with fluid. They can be cut off, but I want to get to the source to remove them. They do not itch, nor do they hurt. Any help would be appreciated.  Read Full »

I have plantar wart and undergoing freezing for it. What else can be done?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been getting treatment for a plantar wart for a year now. Freezing it every two weeks at the clinic and then scraping the skin at home three times a week. However, I am still not getting rid of it. I have read that the treatment usually works way faster than that.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»