Q. What is the soft, white, non-itchy lump in my penile shaft?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy
Published on Feb 28, 2018

I am 31 years sexually active gay male with one partner. Four weeks ago, I got a soft white color lump in my penile shaft which was not itchy or painful. Three days ago, I got another one with same features. I am worried about warts. Please help me.

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatology Venereology
#

I saw the picture. It looks like a flat genital wart (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Usually, the wart will have a rough surface with multiple finger-like projections. Sometimes it is difficult to appreciate finer details in pictures, making dermoscopy examination necessary.

Another possibility is molluscum, a viral infection which presents with a white bump with a central pit. Looks like, the newly appeared small bump has a pit in the center. These two conditions can be differentiated by using dermoscope. Dermoscope enhances the features of the lesion.

Both are viral infections and need to be treated. Please meet your dermatologist for appropriate treatment. Treatment options include liquid nitrogen cryotherapy, electrodesiccation and curettage, Podophyllotoxin application and application of Salicylic acid and Lactic acid combination.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have some eruptions on the skin of my pubic area. What could they be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having these hard clusters of bumps show up in the pubic region. The bumps are not razor burn. They are not filled with fluid. They can be cut off, but I want to get to the source to remove them. They do not itch, nor do they hurt. Any help would be appreciated.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be molluscum contagiosum or folliculitis. A skin biopsy would help to diagnose. Do you have a history of unprotected sexual exposure? Do not touch or prick it. It can lead to a secondary infection. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --...  Read Full

I have plantar wart and undergoing freezing for it. What else can be done?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been getting treatment for a plantar wart for a year now. Freezing it every two weeks at the clinic and then scraping the skin at home three times a week. However, I am still not getting rid of it. I have read that the treatment usually works way faster than that.  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Plantar warts are hard to treat. Unfortunately, that is the truth. Because feet are always under friction and the skin is very thick compared to body skin. Treatment modalities are cryotherapy which you are undergoing, electrocautery removal procedure depends on the siz...  Read Full